Current Roles Available:
Social Media Editor
Crikey is looking for a social media editor to significantly expand our social media audience. The role is a three month, full-time contract position, based in Sydney or Melbourne, depending on the right candidate.
Crikey’s reach editor will:
- Manage Crikey’s social media accounts.
- Understand Crikey’s existing audience: who they are, what they need and what they’d like from us
- Develop an understanding of what potential new audiences want, need and would like.
- Create and oversee Crikey’s social media strategy, with a focus on growing our audience and boosting our engagement.
- Experiment with different types of content (GIFs, memes, graphics, photography, video, quotes, you name it) across all our social media accounts.
- Identify opportunities on new social media platforms.
- Organise workshops to improve the wider team’s social media skills.
- Invest time in understanding ‘Crikey’s voice’ and then embodying this on socials.
- Identify new opportunities to grow search traffic.
- Work closely with our editorial team to identify and capitalise on opportunities in the news cycle to create search-friendly content as well as owning the creation of AMP and instant articles.
- Work closely with the audience team to track and report on insights from data and use this to guide their efforts.
- Work closely with our audience and development teams to continually improve our search and social traffic through technical improvements to the website.
- You have a good sense of humour and are a fast, flexible, creative thinker.
- You’re good with graphics as well as words.
- You have an intuitive understanding of what works well to engage people as well as a data-lead hunger for finding out how things perform.
- You’re a creative thinker willing to challenge yourself and accepted practices.
- You have an intuitive understanding of digital media and experience in digital content creation.
- You have a proven track record of working with social media and growing traffic from social media as well as social media followings.
- You have a firm understanding of SEO
- You are familiar with WordPress
- You have a basic understanding of data and have used programs like Google analytics in the past
- You have an eagle eye for good copy and strong sub-editing abilities.
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Search Console, or Trends desirable.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or similar.
Please send through your application to [email protected]. In your letter of application please include 2-3 examples of work or projects relevant to the role.