We’re always on the look-out for talented people who can help us produce independent journalism that holds power to account.
If you’re a journalist or sub-editor, feel free to send us your details at [email protected].
Crikey, a feisty, fast and locally owned daily politics and current affairs website, is seeking to employ a deputy editor, reporting to the editor-in-chief. Crikey is a broad church, so the successful person may possess many qualities. They may currently be a reporter, a sub-editor, an editor or a cocktail maker.
But here are the must-haves:
1. Prior editing experience, preferably in journalism (but could be something adjacent);
2. The capacity to generate and execute ideas — on a daily basis;
3. Experience in running staff and/or contributors;
4. An eye for a great story, a sparkling headline, clean copy and a captivating visual execution;
5. A love of digital storytelling and an ability to edit on tight deadlines;
6. A deep and abiding understanding of politics, current affairs and global matters;
7. A willingness to do whatever it takes to make Crikey thrive.
It would help if you were very ambitious — and if you’re a Crikey subscriber, even better. Prior experience in social media and homepage editing would be handy.
We’re keen to meet the less usual suspects for this role and strongly encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Salary is negotiable. You will most probably live in either Melbourne or Sydney. But we would be open to options.
This position would ideally suit a person keen to take a giant leap towards being an editor and who thinks journalism can make a very big difference.
Please send your application with a cover letter and resume to [email protected]