UPDATE: This competition is now closed and the winners have been contacted. Thanks for playing!
Jack Nicholson plays Senator Eric Abetz in the new biopic about the conservative Taswegian’s life and times. And Crikey’s own Helen Razer was invited along to an exclusive preview screening.
Despite this being an excellent and exclusive story, our subeditors are struggling to think of a suitably great headline
Get Crikey FREE to your inbox every weekday morning with the Crikey Worm.
Help them out by suggesting a pun headline in the comments below and if yours is the best, you’ll win a three-month Crikey subscription and a Crikey prize pack.
As well as 3 months of Crikey FREE, winners will receive a prize pack including:
- The latest Quarterly Essay, David Marr’s The White Queen;
- Peter Garrett’s autobiography, Big Blue Sky;
- And, of course, our exclusive Crikey socks!
T’s, C’s and other fun things you might like to know:
- To go in the running to win, entrants must suggest a headline for the story described in the above episode of Huge If True.
- Entries can be made through Facebook (in the comment section of the post itself) and the Crikey website comment section of this post. Entries submitted by any other means will not be accepted.
- The Crikey team will judge the winner by selecting the most inventive and fitting headline.
- Winners will be judged by the Crikey team on a first-in-best-dressed basis, therefore if two entrants suggest the same headline, the earlier entrant will be deemed the winner. Timing will be ascertained through comment timestamps on the relevant medium.
- There are 2 prize packs available with a maximum prize allocated per entry medium.
- Winning entrants will be informed by Facebook message or via email if they have participated on the website itself.
- Up to 3 entries per person allowed.
- You must be aged 18 years or older and be currently residing in Australia to enter this competition.
- The prizes will be sent by post once winning entrants have provided contact details.
- The winning entry will be published, but not the entrant’s name or any identifying details.
- Once winners are decided, the competition is closed.
- If a winner is not found within 7 days of the competition launch, the competition will close.
- The competition is open to Crikey subscribers as well as non-subscribers.
- This prize pack may be subject to change.
- We acknowledge that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
Created and written by
Dan Wood and Lewis Attey
Dan Wood and Jonathan Schuster
Bonita Carzino and Prince Nediyedath
Additional material by