People not attending this week’s Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Ohio:
- Ex-Massachusetts governor and presidential candidate Mitt Romney: “… trickle-down racism, trickle-down bigotry, trickle-down misogyny, all these things are extraordinarily dangerous to the heart and character of America.”
- GOP Senator and former presidential candidate John McCain: “I’m sure that Mr Trump will say whatever he wants to say. I don’t think he would be interested in my input.”
- Businessman and long-time GOP donor Jay Zeidman: “What’s there to celebrate? The party has hit rock bottom in terms of leadership.”
- GOP Senator Jeff Flake: “I’ve had no interest in seeing a Trump coronation … I’ve got to mow my lawn.”
- GOP strategist Jason Roe: “I don’t want anything close to the appearance of supporting Trump. This ship can sink without me as a passenger.”
- GOP Senator Steve Daines: “I’m going to be fly fishing in Montana … If I can be in Montana with a fly rod in my hand, that’s the best place I can be.”
People attending this week’s Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Ohio:
- Crikey correspondent-at-large Guy Rundle.
- Star of Duck Dynasty Willie Robertson.
- Former Happy Days star Scott Baio.
- Former Calvin Klein model and General Hospital star Antonio Sabato, Jr.
- World 363rd-ranked golfer Natalie Gulbis.
- Donald Trump’s third wife Melania Trump.
- Donald Trump’s daughter Tiffany Trump.
- Donald Trump’s son Eric Trump.
- Donald Trump’s son Donald Trump Jr.
- Donald Trump.
We’re with the Happy Days guy. Would you really rather be anywhere else …?