Are you ready to sit in the most interesting editor’s chair in Australia?
One of the most creative and rewarding roles in Australian journalism has opened up. Crikey, Australia’s leading independent news website, is looking for its next editor.
This is the ideal opportunity for an ambitious journalist to spark a national conversation on a daily basis, at the helm of a publication that speaks to some of the most intelligent and connected people in the country.
It is a role perfectly suited to an experienced editorial practitioner who is:
- Passionate about national and international agendas;
- Curious about the world and armed with ideas and enthusiasm;
- An inspiring leader with the energy and tenacity to guide a team of committed journalists;
- Digitally savvy, with innovative ideas about different ways of storytelling and the skills and knowledge to collaborate with developers and designers;
- Thoroughly informed about the commercial future of modern media;
- Committed to high-quality, adventurous, transparent journalism;
- Confident in the adrenaline-fuelled environment that a daily deadline creates;
- Always adding to their black book of contacts; and
- Fearless, and doesn’t shy away from controversy.
Crikey is expanding rapidly. Our paid subscriber base is recording impressive growth, our website traffic is bigger than ever and our revenue base continues to broaden. The next editor of Crikey will lead a thriving publication with an ever-growing readership as they put their stamp on an essential independent voice in Australian journalism.
Crikey is a division of Private Media, one of the country’s leading digital publishers with a suite of market-leading websites including SmartCompany, StartUp Smart, Women’s Agenda and Property Observer. The position is based in our Melbourne HQ.
If you think you fit the bill email us 400 words to convince us why — plus your CV — to: [email protected]. We’ll need to hear from you by April 11.