The market is up 19
. SFE futures were up 16
US markets up 46
. The Dow was up 100 at best and made another five-year high despite the NASDAQ closing down 0.74%. US initial jobless claims fell by 5000 to 330,000 last week which is the lowest reading since January 2008. The US leading indicator index was up 0.5% in December, beating the forecast of +0.3%. US flash manufacturing came in at 56.1 -- the highest reading since May 2010. Gold and US bond yields down
finished down 12.35% to $450.50
on the back of their first quarter earnings they released on Wednesday after market. Microsoft
released their quarterly earnings after hours of 76c per share with $US21.46bn in revenue compared to the expected 75c and US$21.53bn in revenue. The share price is currently down 2.24% in after hours trading in the US. Netflix
finished up 42.22% to $146.86 after releasing their fourth quarter results that easily beat earnings and revenue estimate. Best sectors
-- consumer services (+0.7%), health care (+0.7%), financials (+0.5%) and energy (+0.5%). The US two-year bond yield
was unchanged at 0.243% and the US 10 year yield was up 2bpts to 1.842%. Metals mixed
-- copper down 0.11%, nickel down 0.87%, aluminium up 0.09%, Lead up 1.46%. Spot iron ore up
90c to $148.60.
- Atlas Iron (AGO) -- Quarterly production results -- maintains production forecasts after a record second quarter. AGO shipped 1.75 million tonnes of iron ore in the three months to December 31 which was up 10% and above an expected 1.5 million tonnes. AGO is up 0.64% to 158c.
- Resmed (RMD) -- Record financial results are better than expected. Strong result with operating EBIT up 37% to $92 million which was 7% ahead of a broker consensus. RMD is up 4.24% to 446c.
- Western Areas (WSA) -- Finds high grade nickel at Forrestania. WSA is up 1.97% to 440.5c.
- Karoon Gas (KAR) -- Discovers oil in the Kangaroo-1 exploration well. The Kangaroo-1 site had revealed a light oil column, which has been confirmed by mudlog, wireline petro physical and MDT pressure data. KAR is up 14.29% to 616c.
- Specialty Fashion Group (SFH) -- Expects their first half profit to nearly triple due to cost savings and improved sales. SFH is up 34.43% to 94c.
- Leighton Holdings’ (LEI) Theiss has been awarded a five-year Sydney water operation and facilities maintenance contract valued at $175 million. LEI is up 4.82% to 2000c.
- Linc Energy (LNC) -- Shares went up 24% yesterday on the back of enormous estimates for the oil potential in their shale exploration acreage in South Australia. LNC is up 1.5% to 272c.
- Australian Agricultural Co (AAC) -- Loses chief financial officer
- Production results today -- WDR, AUC, AGO, GGG.
- Share Buybacks -- CFE, GPG, QAN, CGF, WDC, NWS