The market is up 1. The SFE Futures were up 2 this morning.
US markets were closed for the President’s Day holiday. European markets were higher on hopes that Greece will finally secure a bailout and avoid default and on news of China easing monetary policy over the weekend. The gold price was higher on the Chinese news, up $9.60 to $1735.50. Metals were up on the LME. The Aussie dollar was down, now buying 107.57¢. The oil price up $1.68 to $104.92
- Oil Search (OSH) released their FY results. Profit was up 9% to $235.7m beating an expected $228.4m. Final dividend was 2c as expected. The PNG LNG Project remains on track to generating significant revenues.
- Boart Longyear (BLY) released their FY results. Profit was up 89% to US$160m which beat an expected US$146.9m. Revenue was up 37% to $2.02bn.
- Downer EDI Limited (DOW) 1stH profit up 19% to $85m exceeding expectations of $80.7m. Stronger than anticipated revenue $3.8bn vs consensus $3.4bn.
- Monadelphous Group (MND) released their 1st H results. Profit was $57.5m up 26.3% in line with a consensus $57.8m. Sales revenue was $879.5m up 25.6%. They will pay a fully franked dividend of 50c up from 40c.
- OneSteel Limited (OST) reported a first half net loss of $74m, down from last year’s $116m profit. Was better than an expected $57m loss. Result included an impairment charge of $130m relating to the write down of LiteSteel Technologies businesses. Unfranked interim dividend of 3c maintained.
- Mirvac Group (MGR) released their HY results. Profit was up 1% to $176.6m better than an expected $167.3m. Total revenue down 16% to $805.6m. Quarter distribution was 2c.
- Flight Centre (FLT) released their interim results. Profit was $81.6 up 16% in line with a consensus $83.1m. EBITDA was $137.5m up 13.4%. A fully franked dividend of 41c was announced up from 36c.
- Sonic Healthcare (SHL) released their 1stH results. Profit up 6% to $143m below consensus of $149m. Revenue was $1.642bn up 9%. Strong Aussie dollar has softened results. SHL is on track to deliver FY2012 guidance of EBITDA growth 10-15%.
- Leighton Holdings (LEI) has won a $515m contract to build a luxury hotel complex in Dubai. It will become the largest integrated hotel complex in the Middle East
- Marcus Today has added a new trade to our Trading Section today. A mining services company with good results, good management, a strong outlook statement, a PE around 8x, Yield around 8%, dividend due, financially strong, has cash, a share buyback and is recovering from a profit and share price dip. To read more sign up for a free trial at www.marcustoday.com.au.
For a five day FREE TRIAL of the MARCUS TODAY newsletter Click Here. You will receive our renowned and popular Daily email about the stockmarket with all the stuff you need to know ahead of the trading day including:
- Overnight developments, news, comments, rumours, broker recommendations and ideas from Marcus and his Team.
- Our Portfolio recommendations which is actively managed on behalf of subscribers … no “set & forget”. Everything you need to effortlessly
- managed your own long term investment portfolio.
- Daily Technical Trading ideas and data, including daily scans of the ASX 300 for stocks changing trend.
- Stock Database — all the numbers with comments on the top 300 stocks and more.
- Educational section — Marcus’s Educational and Entertaining articles.
Subscribe to MARCUS TODAY. We are sure you will enjoy and profit from what we offer … we have one of the highest re subscription rates in the financial newsletter industry.