The market is up 16. The SFE Futures were down 5 this morning.
Wall Street fell 1 overnight. Economic data wasn’t inspiring with the Empire Manufacturing Index having a smaller-than-expected rise to 7.1, factory orders fell as did US Homebuilder sentiment. Metals were mostly up overnight, oil price fell 15c to $75.24 and Gold put on $9.60 to $1226.60.
The latest RBA minutes say the RBA were “comfortable” leaving interest rates at average levels at its August meeting board during a period of market volatility.
Get Crikey FREE to your inbox every weekday morning with the Crikey Worm.
- Monadelphous Group (MND) — FY net profit up 12.1% to $83.22m slightly better than the $81.3m analysts expected on average. MND up 16c to 1436c
- UGL Ltd. (UGL) — FY Net profit rose 1.5% to $144.5m slightly below analysts’ estimates of $145.2m. UGL up 24c to 1401c.
- OneSteel (OST) Net profit up 12% — Net profit rose to $258m for the year. Underlying profit was $241m in line with company guidance and up from analysts’ estimates of $239m. OST down 12c to 306, down 3.77%.
- Primary Healthcare (PRY) — Net profit rises 22% in the year to $132m, up from $108.5m but missed analysts’ expectations of $140m. Primary Healthcare down 7c to 327c.
- GWA International (GWT) reported a $48.5m annual profit after writing down the value of divested assets including their mower business. They expect profit for the current year to exceed last financial year. GWT up 1c to 299c.
- Macmahon Holdings (MAH) — FY net profit doubled to $37.9m, in line with guidance and analysts expectations. Declared a final dividend of 1.5c. Has $2.1bn of work in 2010 and has an order book of $2.2bn. MAH unchanged at 59c.
In other news today…
- Woodside Petroleum (WPL) has announced their second gas discovery in as many days. They said their Larsen Deep-1 well, owned in a JV with Hess Corp, has intersected a gas column of around 50 meters over several zones. The well is at 4,914 meters and is planned to drill down to 5,030 meters. WPL up 0.7%.
- Redflex Holdings (RDF) has rejected a 250c a share offer from Macquarie Group (MQG) and will commence talks with several other interested parties. RDF up 4.26% to 245c.
- Oz Minerals (OZL) says 1st net profit will incorporate a $141.1m reversal of impairment charges on their Prominent Hill copper mine. OZL up 3.32% to 124.5c.
- Stocks going ex-dividend today: Coca-Cola Amatil (CCL) 20.5c, Computershare (CPU) 14c and JB Hi-Fi (JBH) 33c.
For a free 5 day obligation free trial of the MARCUS TODAY newsletter (and no we won’t ask for a credit card number) please Click Here – you will receive our renowned and popular Daily email about the stockmarket with all the stuff you need to know ahead of the trading day including overnight developments, news, comments, rumours, broker stuff and Ideas from Marcus and his Team. You will also be given a password to the MARCUS TODAY website including access to our Recommended Portfolio which is actively managed on behalf of subscribers.…no “set & forget”. Everything you need to effortlessly managed your own long term investment portfolio.
It includes an Income Portfolio. And for the traders we monitor short and medium term trades on top of the portfolio. Members also get access to our Database – all the numbers with comments on the ASX 200 stocks and more. Members also get access to our Educational section which includes an archive of Marcus’s Educational and Entertaining articles. We are sure you will enjoy and profit from what we offer. Thousands of subscribers enjoy and profit from our services every day. We have one of the highest re-subscription rates in the financial newsletter industry.
For your FREE TRIAL — Click here
To Subscribe to MARCUS TODAY — Click Here