Firstly a caveat: I’m not the greatest tennis fanatic in the world or indeed at Crikey (that honour goes to Crikey‘s GM Amber Sloan) but I am excited about “our” Sam making the Grand Final of the French Open at the legendary Roland Garros.
Stosur will play Italian Francesca Schiavone. Neither has won a Grand Slam final.
So how can you watch it? Well if you are not currently in France then according to Crikey‘s TV guru Glenn Dyer you can watch it on Channel Nine on Saturday night. Nine had the rights to the French Open but relinquished them to FoxSports, but however kept the rights to broadcast the finals if they choose.
Channel Nine informed me this morning that Nine will be broadcasting the match live from 10.45pm on Saturday night.
Get Crikey FREE to your inbox every weekday morning with the Crikey Worm.
Meanwhile, here’s some interesting Stosur related reading from around the world:
- Sam Stosur’s a superstar to me, no matter what — The Australian
- Legend Margaret Court tips Sam Stosur to win French Open — The Herald Sun
- Why U.S. Tennis Players Do So Badly at the French Open — The Atlantic
- New confidence, revamped racket trigger Stosur’s upset of Serena — Sports Illustrated
- Stosur’s Semi Final post match interview — TennisX
- Stosur’s Serve Delivered Her to the Final — New York Times
Will Sam Stosur win the French Open singles final?
Is she now a better tennis player than Lleyton Hewitt?
Could Richmond beat Stosur in a game of AFL?
Will Greater Western Sydney try and poach Stosur?
Have your say!