A day in the life of climate change:
- “Notwithstanding the dramatic increases in man-made CO2 emissions over the last decade, the world’s warming has stopped.”
– Opposition leader Tony Abbott, yesterday.
- “The year 2009 is likely to rank in the top 10 warmest on record since the beginning of instrumental climate records in 1850 … The decade of the 2000s (2000–09) was warmer than the decade spanning the 1990s (1990–99), which in turn was warmer than the 1980s (1980–89)”.
– World Meteorological Organisation, yesterday.
- “After a thorough examination of the scientific evidence and careful consideration of public comments, the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced today that greenhouse gases (GHGs) threaten the public health and welfare of the American people”.
– US Environmental Protection Agency, yesterday.
All that data, including Professor Abbott’s thesis, in just one day.
Which just reinforces the wisdom of non-scientist Rupert Murdoch’s words two years ago: “The planet deserves the benefit of the doubt.”