Obama’s win was captured in many different moments across America and the world. Here are just a few snapshots:
The big kahuna. Did you miss Obama’s victory speech? Only catch the soundbites on the news? Watch it in full here.
Get Crikey FREE to your inbox every weekday morning with the Crikey Worm.
Sarah Palin admits her part in John McCain’s downfall — via Gawker
- Obama win causes obsessive supporters to realise how empty their lives are. — The Onion says it best.
- Election Day in 100 seconds — from Talking Points Memo
- Obama wins: Stephen Colbert cries. — from Indecision 2008
- Obama wins: Oprah screams for joy. — Huffington Post
- Obama wins: Ralph Nader asks whether Obama will be Uncle Sam or “Uncle Tom”. There’s always one. Via Hot Air.
Official photo collections:
- Boston Globe: The best pics of Barack Obama from the past few months. Stirring stuff.
- Time: Obama’s victory celebration in Chicago
- Chicago Tribune: Grant Park Obama Rally
- International Herald Tribune: Watching from abroad (includes US soldiers in Iraq casting their ballots)
- The Guardian: US election night victory celebrations around the globe
Informal photos are popping up like mushrooms on Flickr. Like this set from jdebner, snapping from Pittsburgh. It looks like scenes from the end of a war (well that or a Jerome Robbins musical).
Crowd scenes from New York — and, more specifically, Harlem — are collated by Gothamist.
Kay Steiger snapped one guy in Washington whose car got the Obama treatment.
Illustrator Patrick Moberg’s picture, meanwhile, is telling a thousand words — as it laps the globe today.