A slight change for today’s clickthroughs section.
We’ve temporarily suspended all the usuals — stuff we like, state of the planet et al. — instead, here are some handy links from Crikey and beyond to watch, lament, cheer the race to the White House.
Our US08 election page has all the details.
What to watch for when.
Newsweek has a cheat sheet to help you out, an hour-by-hour guide to election night.
Who’s won what now?
Which electoral maps should you use to watch the drama unfold? Start with First Dog’s Electoral College-O-Meter. He’s got a red pen and a blue pen — and boy can this dog colour between the lines.
Also on the ball are:
- New York Times lets you delve deep into the counties with its spiffy map.
- “History as it happens” at CNN
Look who’s liveblogging.
- We are. Guy Rundle is blogging the extravaganza for Crikey from Washington DC. And all of Crikey’s favourites are nattering away online at our liveblog. Can you keep up?
- Vanity Fair has livebloggers in 5 cities, including Christopher Hitchens.
- Oliver Burkeman at The Guardian for a UK take.
- National Post for a Canadian take.
- Comedy Central’s Patton Oswalt for a satirical take
Not exhausted? Some more reading material.
- Does Sarah Palin have Reagan potential for 2012? — NYMag
- Kenyans pray for victory in Obama’s ancestral home — The Guardian
- Polling booth shut down by squirrel — Huffington Post
- Amazing voting images — ditto
- A blonde’s perspective — Overheard in New York
- Oprah dresses for the election — People
FACEBOOK: Join Facebook and become a fan of Crikey.