The eagerly anticipated debate between vice presidential hopefuls Sarah Palin and Joe Biden takes place tomorrow. We present everything you need to know including videos and biographies of the candidates.
A wrap of commentary previewing the debate:
- Aides promise an aggressive Palin — Washington Post
- Biden to avoid gender pitfalls — Wall Street Journal
- Moderator’s objectivity raised — New York Times
- The problem With Ifill selection — NRO
- Sarah “Joe Six Pack” Palin — Christian Science Monitor
- Obama’s to lose — Business Standard
- Palin v Biden: the strengths and weaknesses — The Guardian
- There they go again — Time Online
Governor Sarah Palin
- An open letter to Sarah Palin — The American Conservative
- Concerns about Palin’s readiness as big test nears — New York Times
- Palin gets ready for eagerly awaited debate with Biden — Washington Post
- Sarah Palin’s media training: what the governor should do next time she’s in the hot seat — Slate
- The poetry of Sarah Palin: recent works by the Republican Vice Presidential candidate — Slate
- The Sarah Palin pity party — Salon
VIDEO: Sarah Palin’s had some horror interviews recently (here’s Crikey’s roundup of coverage and commentary of her interview with CBS’ Katie Couric) but today The Huffington Post published a video they’d made of some of her gubernatorial debating moments from the Alaskan election and asked, Is Sarah Palin a better debator than you think?
INTRODUCING SARAH PALIN: It was only a few weeks ago that Sarah Palin was John McCain’s surprise VP pick – here’s a wrap Crikey put together introducing the relatively unknown Alaskan governor and previewing her speech to the Republican National Convention.
MORE PALIN NEWS: Click here to see all Crikey’s coverage about Sarah Palin.
Senator Joe Biden
He’s old, he’s mates with McCain, he gaffs to the royal standards of Prince Phillip and he’s the son of a used car salesman — but could Joe Biden be the antidote to an inexperienced Alaskan governor?
Biden’s debate previewed: A wrap of commentary previewing what we can expect from Biden in the debate
- Though an experienced debater, Biden is often tripped up by spontaneity — New York Times
- How Biden can win the debate — Talking Points Memo
- Profile: Joseph Biden — Financial Times
- Why should anyone trust Joe Biden? — The Independent