And the award for best campaign visual goes to … Brian “Kevin couldn’t go three rounds with Winnie the Pooh” Courtice. For those struggling to picture it, the inimitable Hugh Atkin provides the video proof on YouTube.
At this juncture, we would like to remind Crikey readers that nominations are due soon for our inaugural No Party Preferred Election Awards. Vote for your favourite moments in the following categories:
- The Evolution-Of-Dance Award for most excruciating YouTube campaign moment.
- The Pork-Me Plate for the most gratuitous spending pledge.
- The Latham Handshake Clasp for biggest campaign cock-up.
- The Dennis Shanahan Medal for the most courageous spinning of a bad news moment.
- The Suspend-Your-Cynicism Cup for the most inspiring campaign moment.
So far Tony Abbott’s tardiness, Wayne Swan’s shop-a-docket advice and Peter Garrett’s gaffe are leading the pack. Do you agree? Who would you like to see on the podium?
Simply tell us your candidate, the moment and why you’re nominating them. The best suggestion for each category will win a whole bunch of Crikey goodies, including socks and DVDs. Vote as many times as you want, for one or all categories.
Send your entries to [email protected], with Crikey Election Awards in the subject field, by 5pm, Thursday 22 November. All the winners will be announced in our midday edition on Friday 23 November.