Good to see the Melbourne Age this morning living up to its serious image. The top five items on the paper’s website for once are all about the federal election.
The Age’s Top Five Stories on the Web
- Rudd’s decisive win
- Pesky worm gets Nine into strife
- PM weighed down by too much baggage
- What the worm missed
- The verdict
It made a change from Sunday when politics did not feature at all on the Age’s most read list and Saturday where the only reference to the campaign came in at number five. But never fear. The left and right brain is still there at the top of a couple of the tabloids’ lists and the news.com.au site has managed to keep politics out of its Monday morning top five for the third day in a row.
Consider the quality of readers that must be behind these new.com.au rankings:
- Babes in battle of the bra
- House raided in pond murder lead
- Watt a yummy mummy!
- Tennis coach caught in lesbian…
- Drunk tourist sleeps off croc…
- Bail refused over boy’s death
- Shocks keep coming from ABC
- JK Rowling reveals Dumbledore is…
- French solve Mona Lisa mystery
- Pavarotti died $28m in debt…
- ‘Tug-of-love’ for suitcase boy
- So what happened to Socks?
- Kidman piles on the kilograms
- Police to review Cousins charge
- Owen Wilson ‘falls off wagon’
There’s a quality readership for you!