Former aged care minister Santo Santoro may have bowed out last week with a quote from Bruce Lee at the end of his electronic newsletter “Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as reality in your own mind,” but there have been other beauties.
Here’s a selection of Santo’s Quotes of the Week:
- “A person’s true wealth is the good he or she does in the world.” – Mohammed.
- “Never, never, never give up.” – Winston Churchill.
- “If the going is easy, beware, you may be headed down hill.” – Anon.
- “He who seeks rest finds boredom. He who seeks work finds rest.” -Anonymous.
- “Great changes may not happen right away, but with effort even the difficult may become easy.” – Bill Blackman.
- “Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.” – William B. Sprague.
- “If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.” – Saint Clement of Alexandra.
- “No dreamer is ever too small; no dream is ever too big.” – Anonymous.
- “To reach a port we must sail, sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it. But we must not drift or lie at anchor.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes.
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.” – Aristotle.
- “Through perseverance many people win success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure.” – Disraeli.
- “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” – Winston Churchill.
- “The wise man in the storm always prays to God, not for safety from danger, but for deliverance from fear. It is the storm within that endangers him, not the storm without.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson.
This one seems particularly apt:
- “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.”
Will he soon be quoting You’ll Never Walk Alone?