Word from the Sydney TV world is that DailyTelegraph
TV writer, Marcus Casey, is back on the general reporting roster in one
of the first decisions by new editor, David Penberthy. Sources at Seven
and Nine said as of Tuesday last week that Casey was off the TV round
(writing stories for the news pages and occasional pieces for the
paper’s Wednesday TV lift-out).
One said Casey was “Penbo’s
first victim’! A replacement hasn’t been announced or appeared in
print, despite the significant management change last week at the Nine
Network. Casey had a reputation on the round of not taking a backward
step and writing hard news stories about TV affairs and ratings and not
the softer stuff which passes for news and gossip in the paper’s Sydney Confidential Pages, although many of the leads came from him.