Writing headlines for the finance pages can be a dry and boring business, so when a story like that of Boeing CEO Harry Stonecipher comes up, it’s an opportunity not to be missed. Yesterday’s Fin Review used the story as an excuse to get this headling on its front page, tabloid-style: “It’s a pash landing for ousted CEO”.
We’ve done a quick trip around the world to find the best and wittiest Boeing headlines and, while we were surprised there were no “mile high club” references, there are a few entertaining offerings. Check out the orgy of tabloid puns here:
- The Scotsman – Boeing sacks high flier for affair
- Business Week – The affair that grounded Stonecipher
- Los Angeles Times – And Waiting in the Wings?
- New York Post – Boeing boss is flung by fling
- Chicago Tribune – The state of affair at Boeing
- The Seattle Times – L’affaire Boeing troubling
- Chicago Sun Times – Adultery crashes Boeing’s CEO
- The SMH – Boeing, Boeing, bonk: exit the boss