Terms & Conditions
Crikey, the website, and Crikey Daily Mail, are owned by Private Media Pty Ltd (ABN 11 102 933 362) through its vehicle Blimey Holdings Pty Ltd (ABN 98 101 558 847). Access to and use of the website www.crikey.com.au and Crikey Daily Mail, its associated email newsletter, is provided by Private Media Pty Ltd called in this document “the Publishers”, on the following Terms. Please read the whole of this page carefully. If you do not agree to these Terms, you should not obtain information, services or products from this site.
The Publishers offer Crikey subscribers access to content or information not available to non-subscribing users. Terms and conditions attaching to the use of any subscriber service are in addition to these Terms.
If you are a subscriber to the email or the website or any of its products or services, you acknowledge that:
- you purchase the right to access the Crikey email or website from any computer you choose, for the duration of your subscription;
- your subscription is for your own personal use only and you will not enable third parties to have access to the email whether free or for a charge;
- if your email is repeatedly opened by other users, we will direct you to convert your individual subscription into a group subscription by invoicing you for the number of people we estimate regularly read your email. If you disagree with our estimated usage you should contact us immediately - otherwise the invoice is to be paid within 30 days of receipt. If it is not paid, your subscription will be terminated;
- where a subscription for a site licence has been paid for, an individual receiving the Crikey email on behalf of others is authorised to forward the Crikey email only to the number of email addresses paid for in their site licence subscription;
- you are solely responsible for the protection and confidentiality of any password or user ID that may be issued to you from time to time and you will not reveal (or cause to be revealed through any act or omission) your password to any other person;
- the price of any subscriber service is subject to change at any time.
Online Payment Security
Subscribers to Crikey may make online subscription payments using direct debit (Private Media takes funds from your bank account for one calendar year’s subscription or else automatically on a monthly basis for monthly subscriptions) or credit card (you are charged for your subscription to Crikey for one calendar year or else on a monthly basis).
Monthly subscribers to Crikey will make regular monthly payments via their preferred mode of payment (direct debit or credit card). Monthly subscribers must complete an offline monthly subscription form (PDF) which they return to Private Media for processing. We will keep all information pertaining to your nominated account at the Financial Institution, private and confidential. Monthly subscriptions will be renewed automatically unless subscribers request otherwise. Credit card details or bank account details of all subscribers are retained by SecurePay Australia which is the payment gateway used by Private Media to process payments. Renewal payments are triggered by Crikey and actioned by SecurePay using these details. Monthly subscribers can change their credit card or bank account details at any time. Subscribers will be personally responsible for the security of their personal username and password, which gives access to personal details other than banking details, e.g. name, address, telephone etc.
Subscription dues to Crikey are in Australian Dollars ($AUD) only.
Credit Card payments:
Annual subscribers to Crikey will pay the current annual subscription price in advance for the subscription service. The subscriber’s credit card or direct debit details are retained by SecurePay Australia.
You may terminate your association with us by giving notice to us in writing.
Notice given to us should be received by us at least 10 business days prior to the due date of the next drawing.
Client Service Agreement for Direct Debit Requests (Cheque/Savings Accounts NOT Credit Cards)
Page 1 of 6 | Next page