The Sandpit: Department of Australia (Game of Thrones spoiler alert!)

*Department of Australia is an online satire project created by Leslie Nassar. Leslie was Fake Stephen Conroy and Fake Today Tonight; he created TweeVee TV, the Twitter moderation platform that powers the on-air Tweets for ABC’s Q&A; he was a digital media officer for Victoria Police, an “emerging technology” nerd in Telstra’s chief technology office and most recently the director of Technology for Razorfish Australia.

McPhee
    Posted Tuesday, 15 April 2014 at 1:20 pm | Permalink

Gaarh! Spoiler warning next time please!

Penny Wright
    Posted Tuesday, 15 April 2014 at 1:34 pm | Permalink

Not okay to put this in the email newsletter - definitely needs a spoiler warning. Or just take it down.

Gareth
    Posted Tuesday, 15 April 2014 at 1:36 pm | Permalink

You’re going to piss quite a few people off with this spoiler.

paddy
    Posted Tuesday, 15 April 2014 at 1:42 pm | Permalink

I’ve seen the odd stuff up in Crikey over the years, but nothing as bad as this one in “cartoon dept”. As the others have noted.
    Badly needs a spoiler alert.
    Hell, it’s not even particularly funny. #lamefail

Todd Curry
    Posted Tuesday, 15 April 2014 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

For an internet only publication, you sure have a thing or two to learn about internet etiquette regarding spoilers.

rhwombat
    Posted Tuesday, 15 April 2014 at 2:09 pm | Permalink

I disagree Paddy - I think it’s an excellent multivalent spoof. As for a spoiler alert - Um…you are aware that it’s all in the books, guys?
    …Oh what fun it is to write a one-horse open slay!

paddy
    Posted Tuesday, 15 April 2014 at 2:21 pm | Permalink

I’ve read the books rhwombat. (and seen the episode.)
    But today’s effort is still a clusterf*ck of a spoiler.

In my humble opinion, the sandpit has not exactly covered itself in glory so far. Today is a low point.

Forgotten Families
    Posted Tuesday, 15 April 2014 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

the reaction from the commenters is funnier than the actual piece.
    well done.

mikeb
    Posted Tuesday, 15 April 2014 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

SPOILER ALERT !!!!!!!

Forgotten Families
    Posted Tuesday, 15 April 2014 at 3:00 pm | Permalink

thank you.

Suziekue
    Posted Tuesday, 15 April 2014 at 3:06 pm | Permalink

Not happy at all with this spoiler. I haven’t seen this episode yet. Very very bad form.

TheFamousEccles
    Posted Tuesday, 15 April 2014 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

Get a grip, whingers. Its a TV show. The confected outrage is worthy of the Poodle!

klewso
    Posted Tuesday, 15 April 2014 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

So what’s Lady Penelope doin’ here?

Plonkoclock
    Posted Tuesday, 15 April 2014 at 5:48 pm | Permalink

I know it’s really passe but..DILLIGAF?
    And no,it’s not funny to the uninitiated, either.

sparky
    Posted Tuesday, 15 April 2014 at 5:58 pm | Permalink

Tomorrows editorial ‘we will never spoil stuff for our readers again ‘

Liamj
    Posted Wednesday, 16 April 2014 at 12:26 am | Permalink

Spoiler?! pfft. Anybody who didn’t see Joffreys demise coming hasn’t been paying attention. Lotsa Starks: they got thinned. Lotsa Lannisters: …

toon: good enough, its about time someone pinned Tony for his laborious updates of no progress on finding a plane. Why did the PM hire Angus the aged vice pantaloon for the job only to gazump him daily, and can we get both their salaries cut to whatever the traffic guy on the radio gets paid?

Ebony McKenna
    Posted Saturday, 19 April 2014 at 10:17 am | Permalink

I am one of the many pissed off people.
    It’s Saturday, and I’m still angry.

There was no warning in the email. There’s hardly any warning - or space to avoid your eyes - on the website either.

I’m a fast reader, I was in the second para of this spoiler before I could stop myself. Thanks.

I am a Crikey subscriber. I pay for the content I consume. Thanks for turning my subscription into a punishment. I do not pirate. I am also a content creator, so I’d be a total hypocrite if I downloaded the ep from a torrent site. I’m not a Foxtel subscriber. Last season of GoT I bought the season from the itunes store. Now Foxtel has closed that legal loophole. That has only made it harder for me to do the right thing.

I’m reading the books instead. Shall I spoil it for you when I get to book 4? Come on, they’ve been out for years….

Yeah, I’m still bloody angry.